Sunday, June 24, 2007

Drunk Driving Survival Tips

Survival Tips if You're Accused of a DUI

Print this out and place it in your wallet or purse in case you are ever stopped and accused of DUI.

  • Officer, presumably you contacted me with probable cause. If you intend to cite me, please do so without delay so I may leave immediately.
  • If I am under lawful arrest and you intend to question me, I will not answer any questions without my attorney.
  • I will not perform any voluntary balance or coordination tests or breathe into any portable breath testing device not mandated by the implied consent law in order for me to avoid license revocation.
  • If you cannot say you do not suspect any drugs as causing the objective symptoms you claim to observe, then I demand my right to take a urine test and to save the void and sample for re-analysis. If you say drugs are not involved, I still choose a urine test.
  • If you claim it is not a first option, then I choose a breath test and when that is completed, I demand my right to a retest sample urine test.
  • I request that you attach this card to your arrest report and DS 367 addressing both probable cause and implied consent and that you video tape the implied consent admonition.
  • I do not waive any of my statutory or constitutional rights and I demand that I be given my phone calls within 3 hours of booking. I want to call my attorney at (805) 966-0812.

No comments: